DETROIT – A family-owned enterprise that’s been serving the group for many years has been severely broken after somebody deliberately set it on fireplace Monday morning.
S & C Glass sits on the the intersection of Gratiot and Marcus avenues, and between 6 a.m. and seven:30 a.m., somebody began a fireplace that engulfed a lot of the constructing.
“Simply received a name this morning. It was surprising,” mentioned proprietor Curtis Sylvester. “My father began out the enterprise in 1974 and I took over the enterprise in 2004. Proper now, I’m in disbelief. I’m misplaced for phrases.”
For practically 50 years, the enterprise has been providing inexpensive costs to the world. However now there’s nothing inside however particles. Sadly, Sylvester’s fearful he received’t be capable to cross the household enterprise down one other technology.
“I’m simply making an attempt to get it again to working requirements so I can present for my household as a result of that is the way in which I eat and I’m serving the group on the similar time,” he mentioned.
Sadly, with the pandemic and different monetary hardships, Sylvester doesn’t have any insurance coverage.
“Simply can’t afford it. I can’t afford it with the occasions we dwelling in now. I want I might however I can’t,” he mentioned.
It will likely be a prolonged rebuilding course of however ultimately he’s hoping the group he’s served for thus lengthy can provide him solutions as to who would wish to destroy the constructing.
“All I can do is pray proper now. Hopefully we are able to get all the way down to the underside of it, you understand,” he mentioned.
Copyright 2021 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit – All rights reserved.